DDB Access provides friendly access to DDB and CJKV-E from PC, Mac and mobiles.
DDB and CJKV-E
DDB (Digital Dictionary of Buddhism) and CJKV-E (Classical Chinese) are collaborative works edited by Charles Muller.
Michael Beddow developed and steadfastly maintained the DDB/CJKV-E servers for almost two decades. Paul Hackett has now taken this responsibility.
DDB Access is a parse and lookup tool for DDB and CJKV-E:
- Copy a full text and get all words with one click.
- Search dictionaries by Chinese, pinyin or translation.
- User chooses to show pronunciations in Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Vietnamese.
While DDB and CJKV-E are primarily resources for scholars, any user may access the dictionary by login as "guest". This will allow a total of 20 searches in each of the DDB and CJKV-E dictionaries in a 24-hour period.
- Windows: download from www.smarthanzi.net is recommended. A Microsoft Store version is also available but at the moment it is not at the same level.
- Android: Play Store (or Amazon).
- iPhone, iPad: App Store